Can I still petition my future husband who was caught illegally crossing the border in 2008? 2 Answers as of October 02, 2014

I would like to know if I am able to petition my future husband. He was caught once trying to cross the border illegally in 2008 and was sent back to Mexico. He never tried again and has never been in the US. Will I still be able to petition him?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
You can, but I doubt you will succeed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/2/2014
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
An I-130 petition can certainly be filed and approved. That's only the first step, and it gets more difficult after that.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 10/2/2014
Click to View More Answers: