Can I still make changes in the field from Biotech to Computer Science? 3 Answers as of September 05, 2014

I got my green card under EB1-EA. I am a postdoctoral fellow, my green card was self-sponsored. I am planning to change the field from biotech to computer science. My question is how long should I be in the same field (Biotech) before I switch to computer science job. Some people say that I should stay in the field for 6 months others say that 1 year. Since I am self-sponsored can I change immediately to Computer Science?

You can change anytime if you already have a green card.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
It is all about if your application was truthful. People tell you to wait just so that you can argue successfully that you did not commit fraud.
You are best advised to remain in the filed through which you sought your green card for at least six months, but would be better off waiting at least a year.