Can I still get a patent of some sort to protect my invention if I found one similar product that the patent expired in 2002? 1 Answers as of January 27, 2015

I'm creating a product I would like to patent. I searched USPTO. Although the expired patent simulates my inventions, my product is different physically and actual operational application.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Webb IP Law Group
Webb IP Law Group | Jason P Webb
If it is different "enough" then you can. You should talk with an attorney about the details in private.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 1/27/2015
Click to View More Answers: