Can I still get my green card if I have a criminal record? 6 Answers as of June 26, 2013

I just had a marriage immigration interview. I told the officer I was sued by health dept. Because of my restaurant. So this is a criminal case against me because the restaurant didnt pass inspection. I didnt know they sued me through the court and charge me as criminal court case. Do you think it will be a problem for me to have a greencard because the officer said they would give me an answer in 90 days.

Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
It sounds unlikely that the charge will make you inadmissible. You need to consult with an immigration attorney who has chance to review the exact provision under which you are charged.
It depends on the criminal charge. Let us know what you have been charged with. But being sued in a civil court has no bearing on immigration issues.
It depends on the exact criminal charge and the offense level. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney that knows the penal code in your state.
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
As always, you should get a second opinion from another immigration attorney. If I were you, I'd get an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible! Like, immediately. Let me give you an example from a difference context. If you were at home and suddenly, for no apparent reason, you became so exhausted that you had to lie down on the couch, and a half hour passes, and you are still so exhausted that even in the middle of the day, you can't even sit up. Your kids are looking at you, worried. You start wondering to yourself, God, am I going to die? Would you not a least call a nurse hotline? Would you not at least get your wife to drive you to your local medical clinic? Hire an immigration attorney who will immediately file a Notice of Appearance with USCIS. Don't hire one who won't. Let 'the man' know you have legal representation as soon as possible.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
That will depend onthe result of your criminal case(if convicted, what are you convicted of). Without knowing more, cannot say.
    Yoo & Lee, LLP
    Yoo & Lee, LLP | Winston W. Lee
    It could be a problem. We would need to see all the paperwork regarding your criminal record.