Can I still get a greencard if I sign vulantary deporture? 5 Answers as of July 04, 2013

I just recently sign vulantary deporture in may 26 2011 is still a chance of getting a greencard. My record is clean maybe two traffic tickets that I got, but I entered the U.S illegaly in 1990. What can we do in this case?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
It is very serious if you do not leave by the voluntary departure deadline. If you are eligible you have to file for residence outside the country. Failure to leave results in long bars with no waivers.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/15/2011
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
It is too late to reopen the matter and apply for adjustment. You must make sure to leave within the period of time the judge gave you to depart. By leaving on time you avoid a bar for being deported but you may be barred for having stayed illegally in the U.S. for too long. You should consult with a lawyer to determine potential bars and waivers.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/13/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Nothing, unfortunately, as far as I am aware but to comply with the conditions of your voluntary departure.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 7/12/2011
Kevin Bluitt, Attorney at Law
Kevin Bluitt, Attorney at Law | Kevin Bluitt
Generally, voluntary departure is granted for a period not exceeding 120 days. The Immigration Court should have provided you with a date certain by which you must depart. Keep in mind that serious consequences result, if you fail to depart the United States. First and foremost, your voluntary departure order becomes a final order of removal. In addition, you may be subject to a monetary fine of up to $5,000, and further subject to a 10-year bar from returning to United States. Moreover, several forms of relief including adjustment of status, cancellation of removal are no longer available. This is a very complicated area of immigration law and I suggest you make an appointment with an immigration attorney as soon as possible to carefully review the facts of you case.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/11/2011
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
Honestly, its helpful but you are still going to need a waiver for the years of unlawful presence and you still have to leave the U.S. to get whatever immigrant visa you may qualify for.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 7/4/2013
Click to View More Answers: