Can I still get a green card even if I have violation of probation? 3 Answers as of June 02, 2011

I was in United States illegally and I took voluntary departure but I think I have violation of probation for couple of convictions that I visa interview is coming can I still get a green card or my visa will be denied?

With VD and a couple of convictions still outstanding, I don't know. I cannot really say since I don't know what those convictions are for; are they both misdemeanors? Felonies? I don't have enough information. But it is one of those situations where you just have to go through it since the interview is coming fast. What I will suggest is that you get someone to prepare a comprehensive waiver application for you and make a very good argument in there for why you should be allowed back into the US. I am speaking in generalities only because I don't have much information on this matter. Good luck!
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
It is likely that your visa will be denied.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
That question cannot be answered on the information provided. You need to consult with an immigration attorney immediately before you find yourself in detention or permanently barred from the U.S.