Can I still get a credit card if I file for bankruptcy? 16 Answers as of April 17, 2015

I heard a rumor that I will not be able to get a credit card if I file for bankruptcy. Is this true?

Get a $500.00 secured card. Use it wisely and you can get a regular card later. If you have a house payment or car payment you will get one sooner, (maybe a year). A debit cards works just like a credit card. I have not had a credit card in years, I can still get airline tickets, hotels and rental cars.
No, not true.
EDWARD P RUSSELL | EDWARD P RUSSELL
You could always obtain a secured credit card.? You pay the card company $100 for a $500 credit limit.? After a period of time you will get the $100 back.? in the meantime you can use the card.
Eranthe Law Firm
Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
No. You probably shouldn't though. It's a chance to get out of debt and stay there.
You can get new credit cards after your bankruptcy is completed in 90 days.
    Any cards you have will be terminated, but within a few months you will begin receiving offers for new cards.
    Well getting credit after bankruptcy can be a problem. You may need to spend some time repairing your credit and some creditors might never offer you credit again. But there are always banks that will provide second chance lender options. Just don?t expect to get the rates they give to their top customers.
    You'll receive a mailbox full of credit card offers after filing bankruptcy. Most are high interest rate but some are decent. Get a low balance card and pay it off in time religiously, it will help reestablish your credit rating.
    It is almost certain you will not be given a credit card after filing bankruptcy for a long period of time thereafter. It is possible to obtain a secured credit card where the card company will give you credit up to the amount of money you deposit with it to hold as security.
    No, it is not true. You can definitely get a credit card after you file for bankruptcy, depending of course on your job status and other relevant criteria.
    There are various and predatory companies who will offer you a card. Look long and hard at the terms and realize post bankruptcy you have no way out.