Can I still get child support for my daughter? 6 Answers as of April 11, 2011

I am a single mom. The father of my daughter is a married man with 2 children from that marriage. Can I still get child support for my daughter?

Law Office of John C. Volz
Law Office of John C. Volz | John C. Volz
Yes, you can still get child support for your daughter. You would first need to establish paternity, then you would be able to seek child support.
Yes. Either file a Paternity case, or go to your local Child Support agency - if you are in Los Angeles, that would be CSSD (Child Support Services Department).
Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
Yes. Hire an attorney or enlist the services of the Department of Child Support Services.
If she is still a minor, then yes. If father will not agree to pay child support, then you need to file a motion with the court requesting child support. Contact your local county Department of Child Support Services for assistance. Good luck!
It depends upon the relative incomes of the parties and the percentage of time that your daughter spends with each parent (and a few other minor issues). The fact that you are single and he is married with two other children isn't terribly relevant. If you are looking for an attorney, please contact me for a free consultation.