Can I still get any help or is it too late if I got hit by a car straight on and I didn’t report it? 11 Answers as of November 22, 2013

At least one other guy saw it and he came over and said he'd be a witness but since all I have is a scratch on my knee where the bumper hit me I just walked away. I really shaken and confused so I don't know if I did the right thing. My lower and upper back is starting to hurt and it's been 30 minutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
You need to know other driver or have uninsured motorist coverage on your car insurance policy as well as an injury that is documented by medical records.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 11/22/2013
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
If you mean a police report, it is not necessary.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/20/2013
Kelaher Law Offices, P.A.
Kelaher Law Offices, P.A. | James P Kelaher
You can always go to a police station and report it, especially if you exchanged insurance information with the other driver. Your own insurance probably requires you to report any accident.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 11/20/2013
Pete Leehey Law Firm, P.C.
Pete Leehey Law Firm, P.C. | Pete Leehey
You should get a written statement from the witness, documenting exactly what happened. You should get thoroughly evaluated, and get any medical problems fully treated. If you have documentation from the independent eyewitness, you should be in good shape.
Answer Applies to: Iowa
Replied: 11/20/2013
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
Go ahead and report it. If you continue to hurt, see a Dr. You have a potential uninsured motorist claim on your own policy.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 11/20/2013
    Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
    Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
    Always a question of how bad hurt are you really? Is it worth the trouble? Can you prove it? will the dr say this is the cause of your problem?
    Answer Applies to: North Carolina
    Replied: 11/20/2013
    Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
    Report it to the police. Then talk to a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 11/20/2013
    Candiano Law Office
    Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
    Make a police report, see a doctor, and then call a personal injury attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois
    Replied: 11/20/2013
    Kevin H Pate
    Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
    No, it is not too late. Won't be tomorrow either. If you need treatment now, go get it. Then see an attorney with experience in accident cases.
    Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
    Replied: 11/20/2013
    Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
    It is very possible that you are having muscle spasms from holding your body tightly in response to the accident. It should pass in a few days. Contact the driver now and tell him you are having back problems which you do not know will resolve or not and that you want the name of their insurance carrier (they may want to settle the case without contacting the insurance carrier to protect against a rate increase). It is not too late to claim injuries; a police report is helpful but not mandatory.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 11/20/2013
    Padove Law | Burton A. Padove
    Report it now, if you have the is unfortunate that you do not have a witness. Perhaps there were some security cameras in the area that may have picked up the incident.
    Answer Applies to: Indiana
    Replied: 11/20/2013
Click to View More Answers: