Can I still get all my stuff out of the property which was locked by a property management group? 3 Answers as of February 04, 2014

My house is in foreclosure and sheriff sale date is set on Feb 7. My locks were changed by a property management group without me knowing and I still have a lot of valuable property inside. I found this out when I went to move the rest of my stuff from the home before the sale. What do I need to do to get all my stuff out of the property?

Go see the sheriff.
Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law
Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law | Christiaan van Niekerk
Yes you have 30 days to get your stuff back.
Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
I assume you are in California. It seems that the management company has broken the law. In order to forcibly remove a property owner or deny access to a foreclosed property, the lender or buyer must first obtain the right to possession by way a trustee's deed at the auction sale. Then the new owner must file an unlawful detainer case and obtain a writ of possession from the Superior Court. It is the same court proceeding used by landlords to evict tenants. You should definitely consult with a real estate specialist attorney. Your county bar association may have a lawyer referral program that will arrange a half-hour consultation with a specialist of your choice for a nominal fee. It would be money well spent to have an expert look at all the facts and documents and tell you where you stand and what your remedies are.