Can I still file the i485 if K! visa expires and if so, is that the only form? 3 Answers as of September 11, 2014

I brought my husband to the US with a K1 Visa and already. We are married but due to only having one income, we have not submitted and it expires 9-13-2014.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
As long as you married within 90 days of his entry, then you can now submit the I-485.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/11/2014
The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu
The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu | Mengjun Qiu
You shouldn't have any problem petitioning a green card for your husband as long as the marriage occurred within 90 days of his arrival with the K1 visa.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/11/2014
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
You need to file the Form I-485 immediately. You need to read the instructions carefully to determine what additional documentation and forms must be sent.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/11/2014
Click to View More Answers: