Can I still file for spousal maintenance if my husband filed bankruptcy? 1 Answers as of January 11, 2017

Yes. This is a confusing area of law you are asking about, so assuming when you ask if you can "file for spousal maintenance" you are trying to find out if Bankruptcy prohibits you from seeking spousal support. then the answer to your question is yes, you can ask and no, bankruptcy does not prohibit the request nor does it prevent a Judge from granting the relief. However, as I stated up front, this is a very confusing area of law and like so many other questions posted here, the answer is not really as simple as the question. If your divorce is pending in Collin County, Dallas County, or Denton County and you do not have a lawyer to help, please give me a call. I would be happy to schedule you for a free initial consultation and try to give you more specific guidance on this issue. If you have a lawyer already, have him or her review the BR Code and search for the code provisions related to "Family support". If he or she is not willing to do that for you, then find another lawyer ASAP.