Can I still file for divorce without my spouse's personal information? 6 Answers as of October 12, 2012

I need her SS number, driver's license number, address and phone number. My spouse refuses to give me any information so that I can file for divorce.

Dennis John Woods, Attorney at Law | Dennis John Woods
You will get all of that in the course of the divorce proceeding. Hire a lawyer, you need one!
Patrick McCarthy
Patrick McCarthy | Patrick McCarthy
Do you have any info on your spouse's phone # and address? The address and phone number is important for practical reasons because the process of a divorce involves notifying the opposing party, (i.e. the spouse). Also, the process could probably be started without the personal information you referenced in Michigan (as far as the Complaint goes), however, the address & phone number information is requested on the summons so whether it is accepted or not may rest with the local county clerk's office. It probably would be accepted, but I would further research this issue before proceeding to make sure.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
File anyway.. get an attorney.
Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
In Michigan you would not need to have that information to file for divorce. Once you have filed, through the discovery process you can obtain the needed information and provide it to the clerk as needed.
Law Office of Stephen Barker | Stephen Barker
You can file for divorce using her last known address. Social security number should be on one of your old tax returns. If you don't have a copy you can obtain one from your tax preparer, the State or the IRS. That information can be provided to the court as the case progresses.
    Blough Law Office | Janis L. Blough
    Yes, you can file without her current information. Without her address, all you can do is use her last known address, and if you can't serve her, you will have to request substitute service, probably by publication.