Can I still divorce my wife if I do not know where she is currently living? 15 Answers as of June 26, 2015

Will I still be able to get a divorce from my wife if I do not know where she is at? I have been separated from my wife of two years for over 5 months, and we have not spoken since we separated. I do not know where she is or how to really find her.

It is possible. Consult an experienced matrimonial lawyer, who can take care of the service-of-process issue for you.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Yes its called a default divorce judgment but you will have to serve her by publication with an order of the court Hire an attorney and he/she will make the process easier.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
You need to file the docs and serve her by publication. Consult with a family law attorney or go to the self help center at the courthouse for assistance.
Law Offices of Lauren H. Kane | Lauren H. Kane
No you have to be able to serve her with the divorce complaint.
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
You will need to hire a private investigator to find her or at least her last known address after she moved out . Then you may be able to motion the court to order alternate service.
    Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
    Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
    The Court will require you do to a extensive investigation which would enable you to apply to serve the petition by publication in a newspaper. You will either find her or otherwise can still get a divorce.
    Ezim Law Firm | Dean Esposito
    Yes, you can still get divorced but will have to appoint a curator to attempt to locate her.
    The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.
    The Gufford Law Firm, P.A. | Joseph Gufford
    Yes, you can divorce your wife if you do not know where she is living. The first step is to hire an attorney whom has the skiptracing software to attempt to locate her whereabouts. Most people are easily found. If the attorney can locate her, the attorney will have her served. If she cannot be located, the next step is to proceed forward with the "diligent search and inquiry procedures and do Notice by Publication. Once that is completed and the proper amount of time has passed, you can go about getting divorced.
    Provda Law Firm
    Provda Law Firm | Bruce Provda
    There are different forms of service that can be used f you have no idea where the spouse is. You should check with an attorney in person or go to the Family Court page in NYcourts.gove.
    Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
    Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
    Yes you can. There is a process called Service by Publication.
    If you exercise the appropriate due diligence required for service by publication, the court may grant you that relief. Please speak with an experienced family law attorney to explore your legal options.
    Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
    Yes, provided that the proper steps are taken.
    Law Offices of Robert Burns
    Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
    Yes, but you should hire an investigator to conduct a standard search for her, e.g., for $50.
    Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
    Yes. You can publish notice in a legal newspaper.
    John W. Lee, PC
    John W. Lee, PC | Kim A. Lewis
    You can obtain a divorce once you have been separated over a year. You will need to provide her last known address and service of process can be achieved through an Order of Publication in the newspaper.