Can I still claim that dealer's warranty as being valid? 1 Answers as of September 08, 2017

I bought a used car. The dealer had the car transferred from an affiliate dealer. The car had a 90 day, 4,000 mi. dealer's warranty sticker on the window. I signed an implied warranty document when I bought the car, thinking that meant the dealer's warranty. But later, they told me the dealer's warranty wasn't valid because I hadn't bought the car from the other dealer and that they weren't offering the warranty.

Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
It depends WHEN they told you and whether they afforded you an opportunity to void the transaction. If you learned within a day or two, they should have offered to void the transaction. If you learned a month later AFTER the engine blew, you are probably out of luck. The rationale would be as follows: If your decision to purchase the car relied so heavily on the Warranty, you would have asked more questions. Still, you may have a Consumer Fraud action against the dealer. Make an appointment to discuss all relevant details with a local attorney. This should be at no charge to you.