Can I still be divorced if ex refused to sign judgment in divorce? 2 Answers as of September 11, 2017

My ex and I went through a long grueling divorce. The judge ordered a judgment. She doesn’t agree and won't sign unless I give into her demands and change what the judge ordered.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
If the judge ordered a judgment then the judgment draft can be submitted to the court for the judge's signature. You would generally just have to file a proof of service that you mailed a copy of the proposed judgment to the other party. That triggers a 10 day period for the other party to file objections.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/11/2017
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
If the judge made an order the ex doesn't have to sign. Go to the courthouse and look to see what orders or judgment is in the file.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/10/2017
Click to View More Answers: