Can I still be deported if I am waiting on immigration? 4 Answers as of May 23, 2011

I have filed for my permanent resident card, can I still be deported if I am waiting on immigration?

Yes. you may apply in front of a judge. Good luck.
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
As long as you don't commit any crimes, you should be ok until the green card process is complete. Best of luck.
Without more information I have to say that it is possible. I don't know if you are currently in proceedings or in civil court for a major felony, etc. I don't know your circumstances. Assuming that you are without a blemish and that you are eligible for the green card and that you are admissible to the US, once your green card application is filed, USCIS will not send you before the immigration judge and ICE will not remove you unless you had a previous order of removal. More needs to be known about your case in order to give you a full answer. If you have doubts about your status and/or application, consult competent counsel. Good luck!
Yes, if you've committed what immigration authorities consider an aggravated felony or crime of moral turpitude.