Can I still be deported by immigration if I have known health issues? 7 Answers as of July 26, 2011

I have 2 misdemeanors, one with a withhold of adjudication. My charges were for Battery and assault. Also, I just found out that I have Leukemia. I know I have some legal issues but, will they still deport me knowing that I'm sick?

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
If you are deportable, you can ask that your deportation be not effectuated based on humanitarian circumstances. It is within the discretion of your deportation officer. We wish you luck in fighting the leukemia.
I am not sure why you are being deported. Are you a permanent resident or ? you will need to consult with an immigration attorney to find out if you have any relief available and not be deported. Second question; NO health issues normally will not stop deportation unless there are certain humanitarian or policy issues for a deferred action. Deferred actions are unusual remedies and you will need an attorney to help you.
You can request humanitarian parole based on illness. Depending on how long you have been here in the U.S. You can request cancellation if removal, but you need a qualifying relative.
The Law Offices Jonathan D Montag
The Law Offices Jonathan D Montag | Jonathan D Montag
Certain crimes make a person deportable. Others do not. For some who are deportable there is forgiveness and for some there is no forgiveness. It all depends on the crimes and the sentences. If a person is eligible for forgiveness, hardship if deported is a factor an immigration judge considers when deciding to forgive the person. ICE can give someone deferred action to delay deportation, but rarely will they defer deportation forever for a criminal alien ineligible or undeserving of forgiveness.
Sickness is not ground for deportation, crimes will be. You should bring your paperwork to see an attorney for better evaluation of your case.
    Baughman & Wang
    Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
    It is unclear what is your immigration status in the US. If you are here illegally, you may beremoved even if you are sick(although the government may suspend the removal if you are really very sick but generally your sickness will not prevent the government from removing you). If you are permanent resident, you need to consult with immigration lawyer about your criminal convictions. Generally if you are not convicted of aggravated felony or crime of moral turpitude, you will not be removed. If you are subject to removal, you may be eligible for waiver or other relief.
    Yes! Good luck!