Can I still be charged or fined or even made to complete drug program for a criminal misdemeanor warrant from 20 years ago? 7 Answers as of December 27, 2013

My potential employer ran a background check on me and it came back with a warrant for DUI dated 08/21/95. I was in a single car accident and damaged only my car and a brick wall. My insurance took care of all the damages. I admitted to the officer I was under the influence of nyquil, heavily under the influence. So I guess that's where the DUI comes in. The DA's office couldn't locate info in their computer until they entered my drivers license number. My license is and always has been current and valid since then. I've also appeared for jury duty at the beginning of this year.

You can be arrested on the warrant, but the police officer is probably not still around.
I would get a lawyer and see about getting the matter officially dismissed.
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you. Then the lawyer can try and get the case dismissed, since the evidence is probably all destroyed, and witnesses won't be available.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
Yes, although with a good lawyer you may be able to challenge the DUI allegations, many of the people involved in the investigation and arrest are likely retired or possibly deceased.
Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC
Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC | Tricia Dwyer, Esq.
You should turn to an attorney for assistance in addressing the warrant and having your past legal issue be resolved in full.
    The Rogers Law Firm
    The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
    Yes, you can still be required to complete the drug program. Warrants don't expire. Otherwise, defendants could just refuse to do what the court requires them to do and it wouldn't be fair to everyone else who complies with court orders.
    Sounds like you somehow slipped through the cracks. You really should not have a valid license. You should probably hire an attorney to look into This.