Can I stay married if my husband did not respond to the divorce files? 5 Answers as of August 22, 2011

I filed for a divorce and my husband didn't respond. The court entered a judgment. I want to stay married. The judgment was entered a month ago, he never responded, can I change it now and stay married?

The Law Office of Erin Farley
The Law Office of Erin Farley | Erin Farley
It depends on what type of judgement was entered one month ago. If a final judgement was entered, then you are divorced. If it was another type of judgment (custody, support, etc.) then you remain married and you can file a request for dismissal so long as you are the petitioner.
Law Office of Daniel B. Rubanowitz, APC
Law Office of Daniel B. Rubanowitz, APC | Daniel B. Rubanowitz
If a Judgment was entered by the Court terminating the status of your marriage, then you are no longer married. You should consult with a Family Law Attorney about the possibility of setting aside the Judgment; bear in mind that there are time constraints and you need to act quickly. Good luck.
Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C.
Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C. | Paul A. Eads
Please read form fl-180 cover page for date of divorce. If you don't know what I am talking about then you are still married.
The English Law Firm
The English Law Firm | Robert English
You now have a judgment of dissolution, so you are divorced. You can get remarried.
Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
You have to file a motion to set aside the Judgment.