Can I stay in the US while my green card is being processed? 5 Answers as of August 22, 2011

I am going to be getting married to my fiance in either September/October of this year.(I-129 F has been approved already) I was wondering if she would be required to stay in the US while the work visas and green card are in process or if she would be allowed to go back to her country during that time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Your fiance visa is only good for 90 days and typically a single entry. Once you are married and file for permanent residency you will request a work and travel card while waiting for the PR card. Once you get the travel permit you may travel but will need to return to the U.S. for the PR interview.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/22/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
If you have the application for residency pending, she may not leave the US unless you have applied for advance parole.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/16/2011
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
Stay together, living together, in the US, until the green card is issued. It's always smart to get a second opinion.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/15/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
She should wait to get her advance parole travel authorization before leaving the US. She applies for this at the time she files the application for permanent residence.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/13/2011
Law Office of Jaclyn Miller
Law Office of Jaclyn Miller | Jaclyn Miller
She will need to file for an advance parole document which will allow her to travel out of the US while her adjustment of status is pending.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/12/2011
Click to View More Answers: