Can I stay in a foreign country after my student visa expires? 2 Answers as of November 03, 2010

I’m currently living abroad in Europe. My visa will expire in January but I want to continue to live here. Will I be deported after my visa expires? I have a job right now but I get paid in cash and I don’t have work authorization so I don’t think that is an option. What are my options?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
This is a matter for an attorney who is a specialist in the country where you presently reside. If it is like the U.S., then the answer is no, you may not stay after your visa expires, and yes, you may be deported for overstaying your visa, and the deportation may be a permanent ban from ever applying for a visa to that country, and it will be placed on your passport as a notation for future inquiry, which may affect your ability to get your passport renewed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/3/2010
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
This is not a matter of US immigration law and only an attorney who practices immigration law in the country you are referring to would be able to adequately address your questions.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/21/2010
Click to View More Answers: