Can I start a new petition for a new order to include post-secondary support or did that have to be done prior to originally one ceasing? 1 Answers as of May 09, 2017

Last child support order was in 2001 when child was 2. Stated support ceases at age of 18, which father has stopped payments. However, child is still full time high school student.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
You can file a petition to modify child support under the old cause number, and ask that support be continued (although the law says and I assume your order does too) that basic support lasts until the child turns 18 or graduates from high school whichever is last. In that petition you can ask for post secondary support as long as it is filed before the child graduates.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 5/9/2017
Click to View More Answers: