Can I start a corporation if I am on social security disability? 6 Answers as of September 06, 2013

I will not be earning an income from the corporation.

Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
There should be no reason why you shouldn't for that program. The answer could be different if you are on Medical Assistance for that program.
S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
You can start a corporation if you are receiving social security disability benefits. When you started receiving the benefits you were probably informed that you would be able to earn an income up to a specific dollar amount after which your benefits would be reduced dollar for dollar by the amount of money earned over your limit (similar to social security retirement for beneficiaries under 70). However, if you are earning no income from the corporation you would not have to worry about exceeding that limit, so you would probably not lose your benefits.
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
You could, however, if your activity level exceeds the limits of your disability, then you may not be disabled.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
This depends on the facts and circumstances relating to your entitlement to disability. This could be a risky move. You need to retain legal counsel to review the facts and circumstances in confidence.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I know of no reason why you may not do this.