Can I sponsor without job even if my family household income meets the poverty guideline? 3 Answers as of March 11, 2011

household income including 2010 tax file are higher than the poverty guideline. In this condition, can I file sponsor for my parents without a job?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
The answer is yes. If the household income is 125% of poverty level, you can petition for your parents. If you need the assistance of an attorney (and you do), feel free to call or e-mail to set up an appointment by phone or in person. Best to you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/11/2011
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
No you cannot.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/9/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
The USCIS is more concerned about current income then it is past income. Therefore, if you do not have an current income because you are unemployed, and have not other sufficient source of current income (ex. interest on investments, etc.), or do not have sufficient assets to meet the I-864 requirements, then you will need co-sponsor.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: