Can I sponsor someone after they have lost their status for moving back to their home country? 3 Answers as of February 16, 2011

My father is a 60 year old green card holder. He went to visit his home country and stayed more than one year. I am a 30 year old and I am a born US citizen. Can I sponsor him for green card (I130)? I have a job and I can financially support him. Or can he come to US as a visitor? If he can, after how long?

If your father lost his Green Card status because he abandoned it, then you can repetition him for a new Green Card. Whether he abandoned his status depends on many factors, being outside the U.S. for more than 1 year is only one factor. So, it may be possible that he is still a Green Card holder and you do not have to repetition him.
Law Office of Donna Nanan, PL
Law Office of Donna Nanan, PL | Donna Nanan
If he lost his green card by staying outside of the US for over a year you can apply all over again for a visitor visa or green card. An attorney can assist you with these applications.
You can sponsor him. After you file I130, he may not get a visa. Good luck!