Can I sponsor my girlfriend from Canada on a fiance visa if I have a sex offense conviction? 1 Answers as of June 21, 2011

I am an American citizen and want to bring my girlfriend who is Canadian here under a fiance visa. I have a felony conviction for a sex offense of an adult female. Can I still sponsor her and what are the chances it will be approved? Is there a way to get her here now when she is living with friends and has a part time job? We want to make a life together but we also want to be sure its all legal. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Yes. The Adam-Wash law only prohibits sex offenders who committed sex crimes against minors from applying for alien spouse or her/his children.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: