Can I sponsor my daughter and her family if they have a B2 holiday visa? 4 Answers as of January 27, 2011

I am a US citizen, can I sponsor my daughter and her family if they already have a US B2 holiday visa?

You can sponsor but if your daughter is over 21 or she is married then there is a two-step procedure and you can only file the first step now and then wait for a visa to be available. Unless your daughter can change to another nonimmigrant classification for which she is eligible she will need to return overseas to await her visa.

If you would like to consult on their cases, schedule an appointment with my office. We do charge for consultations but whatever is paid for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for her case if we are retained to do work after the consult.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
You can sponsor (File an adjustment package together with a family petition) your daughter if she is single (not married) and is under the age of 21. If your daughter is already 21, and / or is married, you must first start with a petition, but your daughter and her family will have to return to their country and wait for the visa to be available. Depending on the country of origin and her current family status (married or not - children do not affect the time), the wait could be 5 to 20 years.
You may start petition for them but they have to have their interview at consulate.
Hugo Florido ESQ.
Hugo Florido ESQ. | Hugo Florido
Yes, if you are a United States Citizen you may be eligible to apply for your family if they entered on B1/B2 visa.

Contact the office and make an appointment should you require more information.