Can I sponsor a child from Mexico to study in the US? 2 Answers as of February 07, 2011

I am in contact with a family in Mexico, and it is the wish of the parents to have their children study in the US. I have a registered LLC consulting business, and I would love to help the family fulfill their dream to give their children a better life. Can I use my business to sponsor a child?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
A child can go to school and apply F1 visa on his own. You don't need and a business cannot sponsor him.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/7/2011
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
No. A business can hire employees or executive managers but it cannot sponsor a child. Depending on the age of the children they may be able to qualify for an F-Visa which is a student Visa. You may also consider a J-Visa, or an exchange Visa.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 2/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: