Can I sponsor an in-law for immigration? 3 Answers as of September 24, 2010

Could we petition for our son in law to come to the United States ourselves?

The short answer to your question is no, you may not sponsor your son-in-law to come to the USA. But what about your daughter? How long has she lived in the country? Has she relinquished her residence in the USA? If that is not the case, she could still petition for her husband and you could serve as a financial co-sponsor. To know more, feel free to give me a call or e-mail so I can set up a consultation with you to see how I may be of help as your lawyer. The phone number and e-mail is given below. Best to you.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You must apply for your daughter first, and your son-in-law will be included as a derivative and can come with your daughter to the US for immigration. You cannot apply for your son-in-law directly.
No, a son-in-law is not a qualifying relationship for an immigrant visa petition. Only the wife, if she is a US citizen or a US permanent resident (green card holder) can petition her husband.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.