Can I speed up the immigration process? 4 Answers as of April 22, 2011

I am a permanent resident of the United States and I want to bring my wife to the US without waiting for years of legal process or precisely within a year or so. I would be pleased if I get to know if there is any possibility to fulfill my aspiration! Hope to be hearing from you guys shortly.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
No you cannot. You will have to wait until her visa becomes available. You can check on the US-DOS website under visa bulletin. The only other thing you can do is to become a USC and that will bump her to 1st preference and you may gain a few years that way. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/22/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
you either wait to become a citizen and then she is deemed to be an immediate relative or have your spouse come over under an employment based visa.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/22/2011
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
File the family petition right now. Then Become a US citizen. File for naturalization if you are eligible. (5 years as a green card holder, good moral character, lots of other stuff too such as not owing tax, paid child support, no trips too long, etc.). Better check with a lawyer who can ask you all relevant questions. Once your naturalization process is complete, the family petition will be upgraded to reflect your new immigration status, and the visa will be available right away for your wife, therefore speeding the process considerably. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/22/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Unless you are eligible to file for Naturalization and become a US Citizen, you cannot speed up the process to bring your wife to the US. For cases of spouses of permanent residents, they must wait until their priority date is current before they can immigrant to the U.S. If you were married when you got your permanent residence, then you wife may have been eligible for derivative status and can apply now. However, you must have been married when you got your status.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: