Can I speak to the judge alone about the case if I need him to know something everyone's ignoring? 8 Answers as of October 11, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
No you have to do it in open court.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 10/11/2013
Moore & Allen, PLLC | Gloria J. Moore
The quick answer is no. Your attorney is assumed to be representing you and will present evidence she/he thinks is relevant to the charge and your defense.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 10/10/2013
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
No. Speak through counsel.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/10/2013
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
No, any conversation must be with all parties.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 10/10/2013
Law Offices of Pari Sheth LLC
Law Offices of Pari Sheth LLC | Pari Sheth
You can ask to speak to the judge privately but he will not consent.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 10/10/2013
    Lawrence Lewis
    Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
    You cannot speak to the judge alone, the same way the prosecutor cannot poison the judge about your case by speaking to the judge alone.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia
    Replied: 10/10/2013
    Kevin H Pate
    Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
    No, and the judge will not be happy if you try to communicate in private. Judges can not participate in such private communications. If it is being ignored, perhaps there is a reason. take the matter up with your counsel. If you are your own counsel, then you need to address it in the open. And the other side will have an opportunity to weigh in.
    Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
    Replied: 10/10/2013
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    No, since you are represented by counsel only he can speak to the judge, with the prosecutor present.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 10/10/2013
Click to View More Answers: