Can I serve house arrest for a probation violation? 6 Answers as of November 05, 2013

I have 2 prior DUI's resulting both in a probation violation and looking at 60 days of jail. Could I ask the PA to transfer that to a 2-1 or 3-1 for house arrest?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You can ask for whatever you want, but no intelligent judge will give you house arrest, because you have a drinking problem.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 11/5/2013
Law Office of Thomas C. Phipps | Thomas C Phipps
You can try. But it will be the judge's decision.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 10/31/2013
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
You could ask, but it is ultimately up to the judge.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 10/30/2013
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
Talk with your lawyer or get one for this.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 10/31/2013
Austin Legal Services, PLC
Austin Legal Services, PLC | Jared Austin
If they have such programs and you are eligible for them, you can always ask but that doesn't mean they will. Make sure you are represented by an experienced DUI lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 10/31/2013
    Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
    You should ask your lawyer, sentencing alternatives vary from county to county as do calculation of credits which is what I assume you are asking about with the 2-1 or 3-1 question.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 10/31/2013
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!