Can I sell my home in a chapter 13 bankruptcy? 4 Answers as of August 27, 2010

I have been in a chapter 13 bankruptcy for about a year and a half. I want to sell my home. I understand that I have to file a motion in order to do so. Do I have to turn to the attorney who originally handled my bankruptcy to file the order, or can I have a new attorney do it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Doan Law Firm
The Doan Law Firm | Shawn Doan
Yes, it is best to consult with your filing attorney as he is familiar with your case already. Our bankruptcy attorneys can assist you further if your current attorney is unreachable.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/25/2010
Ariano & Reppucci
Ariano & Reppucci | Chris Ariano
You can have a new attorney do it if you fire your previous attorney and hire a new one. It's a relatively simple procedure. To discuss further, please contact us.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 8/25/2010
Click to View More Answers: