Can I sell my car and just wait my time until I get my license back and if so, will I need to put an interlock when I get my license back? 2 Answers as of May 19, 2017

I have an interlock license and I am moving to another state, where I believe I can’t drive with that license.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Joel R. Salinger Attorney at Law
Joel R. Salinger Attorney at Law | Joel R. Salinger
If you are on probation, you should check with your probation officer before you do anything.? If you have a conditional discharge, you should check with the attorney that handled your case.? The answer to your question is not as simple as yes or no.? The individual judge and the county can have an impact on the answer.? You need to do some checking locally.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/19/2017
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
This question has a complex answer depending on several situations, like if you have the Interlock for 8 months or two years. If two years, then surrendering the Interlock will result in you not being able to get a license anywhere until the time runs in Colorado (3 years possibly, depending on the situation). Sometimes if there is a qualified interlock facility in the state you are moving to, they may agree to send the monthly downloads to Colorado, and that MIGHT work. You need to work directly with a lawyer to get advise on this ? or contact DMV and be ready to receive conflicting advice.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 5/17/2017
Click to View More Answers: