Can I sell a copyrighted item online? 2 Answers as of April 06, 2016

I recently purchased a fitness workout plan from an Instagram fitness girl. I received the PDF, and notice there is a lot of people willing to buy it for less - I was wondering if I could make a listing on ebay or Amazon and sell my copy on there? From what I've researched, it seems like you can sell the same product, but not copies - so does this just mean I can't make any modifications to the PDF? Because I'd like to remove the "Purchased by (my name here | for their use only" mark from every page if I can move forward with this. Thanks so much for your help.

Michael M. Ahmadshahi
Michael M. Ahmadshahi | Michael M. Ahmadshahi, Ph.D., Esq.
You can sell your own copy but you can't make copies of it and sell those. Also, you maybe restricted by the purchase agreement in that you might have just purchased a license. In that case, downstream sale may also be prohibited.
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
If you purchase a (one) copy you can sell your (one) copy. Duplicating the file and then selling the duplicates will violate the copyright of the creator or owner. Generally making revisions to the copy, like removing "Purchased by..." is not allowed. You need to write your own fitness workout plan.