Can I return to the US for a job before my ban is up? 4 Answers as of January 12, 2011

I was deported 8 years ago for over staying my time in America, I got a 10 year ban, I now want to return. I was wondering if I got a job offer in the states would this ban be wavered, I now have a daughter and own a home in Ireland but my job is about to go in the next few months, however my company is based in the USA and there is a possibility of a job over there but would I be allowed?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
It is possible, but would need several waivers due to your prior deportation, and you probably had more than 1 year of unlawful presence when you were deported 8 years ago. However, you first would have to be petition for an non-immigrant working visa before you could apply for the waivers. The waivers are difficult to get and require the involvement of an immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/12/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
10 year deportation bans can be lifted through an application and depending upon what you were deported for can be easily obtained.

Call my office to schedule a consultation and we can go over this.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/12/2011
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
You would have to apply for readmission and request a waiver.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/12/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
No. probably not(in my opinion), but you could always have your employer sponsor you for an H1B visa and see what happens.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 1/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: