Can I resurrect old i130 or file a new i130 if my wife has spent her 10 year bar? 1 Answers as of April 16, 2015

She was caught on March 30 1997 before the IRA which went into effect on April 1 1997. We filed a 601 waiver but before her 10 year was up, it was denied. I’m trying to get around this 601 because I don’t really have any extreme hardship excuses.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You may have hardship excuses that you may not be aware of. A I-601 waiver is not something I ever recommend a layperson do by themselves. So, first, get a lawyer to strategize so that you can present a good application. I think that your application should be approvable since she served her 10-year bar already. But there is a way of doing the application that actually matters to the process of getting her back. Lawyer-up before you mess it up even further.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/16/2015
Click to View More Answers: