Can I restrict visitation to my children in a legal document regarding custody of them in the event something happens? 6 Answers as of April 09, 2013

My husband is military and I am a stay at home mom. I want a document stating who would have custody if my husband and / or I pass away. However, there are a few people I don't trust with them. Can I restrict visitation?

Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
Yes, prepare a pre-need guardian designation.
You can draft a will and in it nominate, for the Court's consideration, guardians for your children.
If your husband is still alive at that point, he will have custody and have the ability to determine who will care for them when he is out of the country.
Law Office of Kristine McDonnell | Kristine McDonnell
You can list who you want to have them in a will, but it will be difficult to enforce an after death clause of non-visitation.
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law | Diana K. Zilko
You would actually state that in a Will. A Will allows you to designate a guardian, who would care for your children if you and your husband passed away.