Can I reschedule the hearing for the child support? 2 Answers as of July 19, 2012

My sons mother filed for child support against me. The letter I received said I had 2 options-to start paying the child support, or to request a hearing. I requested a hearing. I received a letter stating when the hearing would be. I want to try to get split custody, but I found out that the hearing I requested did not cover visitation/custody, just child support. I don't know where to go to start that process and do I need to get that done before the hearing on child support, if so, then would I be able to reschedule the hearing?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Marshall R. Hoekel, LLC | Marshall Hoekel
You need to file an action for custody and support in your circuit court and take control of matters. Continuation of hearings is within the discretion of the Court, but you can ask.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 7/19/2012
Burnett Evans Banks
Burnett Evans Banks | Paul Evans
You will need to hire a private attorney to file a Motion to address the issues of custdy and visitation. It is possible if you get filed soon enough to consolidate the two cases and deal with all issues at the same time.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 7/16/2012
Click to View More Answers: