Can I request another date or call and say I'm sick if I'm being sued by my ex and I can't make the court date? 4 Answers as of May 08, 2014

It is district court.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Pari Sheth LLC
Law Offices of Pari Sheth LLC | Pari Sheth
You will have to appear in court to request a continuance. An attorney can appear on your behalf to request a change in date.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 5/8/2014
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Yes, if it is a fact. It will still go forward. You should discuss this with an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 5/7/2014
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Not without approval in advance of the judge. You need a lawyer for this case.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/7/2014
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
You have to file a motion for a continuance.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 5/7/2014
Click to View More Answers: