Can I represent my mother in small claims court? 12 Answers as of July 08, 2014

She is 84 years and has Parkinson's disease. It's her investment that went into default on a promissory note.

It depends on the judge, but probably yes.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Not without being her legal guardian or her attorney in fact due to a valid power of attorney.
Scott Goldstein | Scott Goldstein
No, only an attorney may represent someone else in court. If you appear, you could be practicing law without a license.
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
The court has to be asked for its permission to allow someone to appear for another party in small claims court. To ask for permission, the person who will appear needs to get and fill in the Authorization to Appear on Behalf of Party (Small Claims) (Form SC-109) (This is not done by the party who is not going to appear in court.) The person who will appear should take the original Form SC-109 and 2 copies to the hearing. On that day, a copy of the request should be given to the other side and the original request should be given to judge at the beginning of the hearing. (See California Code of Civil Procedure, Section 116.543(j).
Stacy Joel Safion, Esq.
Stacy Joel Safion, Esq. | Stacy Joel Safion
Explain this to the judge. You should be okay. You might want to have her there.