Can I report a theft of my legal medically prescribed marijuana or will I be arrested? 4 Answers as of May 08, 2013

I have a script for MM so I am legally allowed to possess it. My question: if someone broke into my house and took my MM am I allowed to report it to the police? I know there is grey area here so I don't want to get in trouble but I also cannot just go refill my script already and I need it for pain and appetite management.

It is a gray area and whether you want to bring attention to yourself as a marijuana user is a personal decision.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
I don't know where you live, in California there is no specific prescription for a certain amount. That can be theft, possibly burglary if it was taken from your house . I have defended some cases where the defendant was charged with burglary from the house, but the victims never reported the drugs just other stolen property.
If your possessed quantity was within the legal limit which you are supposed to know, and that is what you report stolen, why would you get arrested? Go get a replacement card before you do, if that is what concerns you. Nobody can guarantee you what the police will do. Youll just have to take your chances.
Rizio & Nelson
Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
I'd report it if I were you. It doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong here. If you were the victim of a crime, you should notify the police.