Can I reopen my social security disability case? 2 Answers as of August 13, 2013

Does 7 years of treatment give proof that something is going on medically? I was denied benefits by judge but condition continues and I am still treated by my doctor for this condition. Can I file new case even though no new evidence other than what has already been filled?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
You can file again, but you will need to have new evidence. I suggest that you find a specialist that can evaluate your case, and determine that you are disabled. I suggest you get the criteria for your specific disability from SSA.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 8/12/2013
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
The answer is "yes". I assume there has been treatment since the Judge's decision but that your impairment is unchanged. Depending on your age, education and work experience, additional treatment for the same impairment could make a difference. There is no harm in starting another case, except the time you spend doing it.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 8/13/2013
Click to View More Answers: