Can I reopen a Chapter 7 bankruptcy case? 5 Answers as of September 23, 2010

It is difficult to file a motion in order to reopen a bankruptcy case? I want to file financial management papers for discharge.

Law Office of Barbara Seeley Curtis
Law Office of Barbara Seeley Curtis | Barbara Curtis
Yes it can be re opened to file the certificate for financial management. It is simple if you have an attorney.
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
Yes, you can reopen a case through filing a motion. You will need to follow both the federal rules and local rules when preparing, filing and serving your motion. Check with the Court Clerks if you do not have an attorney.
Ariano & Reppucci
Ariano & Reppucci | Chris Ariano
It is not too difficult to file a motion to reopen if your case was dismissed because of failure to complete the second class. However, there is a $260 fee to reopen.
It requires a Motion to Reopen to be filed and if that is granted you can then file the course certificate documents (of course, you have to first complete the course). You most likely will need an attorney to handle this for you. If your case was filed in the central district of California (Los Angeles and vicinity), let me know as I can assist.
Yes you can reopen your case.