Can I rent out my home as I am waiting for my Chapter 13 to go through? 9 Answers as of March 22, 2016

We filed for Chapter 13 last June and am still going through the process. Can we rent our home out while in Chapter 13?

Yes, you can rent your home out but you'll need to file a modification in your plan to reflect the additional income.
Yes, you can do that.
That's a tricky question. It is hard to hazard a legal guess without more information. Meet with an experienced BK lawyer. I can't understand why your Chapter 13 is not yet confirmed. Something seems amiss.
Generally speaking, you may rent out your house. But you should modify your schedules of income and expenses to reflect the rental. You might have to increase your payments into the Ch. 13 if your income increases significantly. Consult a skilled BR lawyer. It's almost always worth the investment.
Garner Law Office
Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
Yes, but you would need to report the rental income to the trustee, and that might affect your payment amount.
    CARL C SILVER ATTORNEY AT LAW
    CARL C SILVER ATTORNEY AT LAW | Carl C Silver
    Law Office of Michael Johnson
    Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
    Yes you can rent out your home while in Chapter 13, but everything comes with consequences. You will need to file a new budget, and if you have applied for a loan modification, you may be ineligible since most loan modification programs are only available to help those who live in the property.
    Speak with your bankruptcy attorney, but generally yes, and you will have to disclose the additional income or revenues to the trustee as well as your change of circumstances if you are no longer living there.