Can I rent an apartment after an eviction and filled chapter 7? 7 Answers as of September 11, 2017

I have an eviction and then filed chapter 7. Will it show as paid off and can I rent again?

Yeah, a bankruptcy with a past eviction is not going to make you look like a good candidate to be a tenant at many apartments. The bankruptcy may show that your balance with the former landlord is $0, but landlords generally will turn down prospective tenants who have had any kind of eviction, whether the debt has been paid or discharged in bankruptcy. Landlords hate going through the hassle of an eviction to get rid of a bad tenant, and the court records of the eviction will be available forever. Landlords do not rely just on consumer credit reports, but look at the actually court records.
Your credit report will show "discharged in bankruptcy" if the landlord reports it. The bankruptcy will be on your credit report. The unlawful detainer will show up in the state court records. I always advise my clients to move before there is an eviction proceeding.
You can rent again, but it will not show paid off, it will show discharged.
OlsenDaines | Rex Daines
It will not show as "paid off", it will show as "balance $0.00". It is up to a new landlord whether or not they will rent to you.
Law Office of Kimberly Fives | Kimberly Fives
That is dependent upon whom you might try to rent from.
    The eviction will show as "discharged in bankruptcy" on your credit report. Some landlords will not rent to a person with an eviction on their record, some will.
    It will show on your credit report and make it difficult to find a rental. You might need to prepay several months to secure a lease.