Can I renegotiate a payment so that it is affordable? 1 Answers as of June 30, 2011

I already have a payment arrangement in place on my judgment but I am having difficulty making that amount. I need to renegotiate my payment to a lower amount. What form do I need to complete?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
If you are talking about a payment to a judgment creditor as a consequence of a civil law suit, either call them or their attorney to see if you can agree to lower payments. If you cannot get an agreement with the party or his/her attorney, you might consider a bankruptcy. Hire an attorney for this as it can be important which chapter you file. If you are referring to a judgment for restitution, see your probation officer (PO) and try and talk him or her into reducing the monthly amount. If the PO will not agree to a lower amount, set a court date. You should also fill out judicial counsel for CR 115 which you can find on line.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: