Can I remove my name off a real estate loan after the divorce? 1 Answers as of November 17, 2011

My husband and I got a divorce and had legal papers made where we each paid half of the mortgage until the house sold. He now refuses to pay his half and I cannot pay both. Can I get my name off the loan so it does not ruin my credit since he is the one that will not meet his obligation?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Zwiebel Law Firm, LLC
The Zwiebel Law Firm, LLC | Elizabeth Zwiebel
You will need an attorney to file contempt motions and request an order from the judge relieving you of the obligation. This order could be submitted to the mortgage company to remove your name.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 11/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: