Can I reinstate the green card I surrendered 8 months ago? 2 Answers as of July 12, 2013

I am Canadian. For financial reasons I moved back to Canada. My wife and kids have since moved back to the US. I am visiting and would like to reestablish my Permanent Residency. How can this be done?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
If you relinquished your permanent residency, then your wife will have to petition for you again. Contact an immigration lawyer to proceed. Best of luck.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 5/24/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Did you actively withdraw your status with DHS or DOS? Or are you saying that you have just not been back to the US for 8 months?
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/12/2013
Click to View More Answers: